Saturday, 26 November 2016

Dave King - editor


Dave King has died. He edited major BBC films by Ken Russell, Tony Palmer and Jack Gold, and the Rex Harrison Don Quixote, but more important than that he was a lovely lovely man. I got to know him when I was writing my book Talking About Ken Russell. We met several times in London and in Brussels, where attended a conference about Ken Russell. He was the most fascinating and friendly and generous of men. He gave me copies of his entire clippings collection of Ken Russell, hundreds of items from the time when Ken’s Dance of the Seven Veils became the most controversial film in the world, and he sent me DVDs and postcards and he also sponsored the book. I was and am humbled by his generosity and good spirit. I miss him dearly. My love to his family and his friends.

No comments: